By: Natalie Cheng
August 23rd 2021
To start, Sagitta is our sepsis workflow accelerator. The tool addresses a major medical emergency: sepsis.
According to the Sepsis Alliance, did you know the following about sepsis?
- Sepsis kills 270,000 Americans every year —one death every two minutes.
- Sepsis is the most common killer of children worldwide, causing 3.4 million deaths each year.
- In the United States, someone is diagnosed with sepsis every 20 seconds.
- The risk of dying from sepsis increases by as much as 8 percent every hour treatment is delayed.
- In 2012, an average of 38 sepsis-related amputations were performed each day in U.S. hospitals.
- Sepsis is the No. 1 reason for hospital readmissions at a cost of more than $3.5 billion annually.
- Up to 50 percent of sepsis survivors are left with long-term physical and/or psychological effects.
As you can see, sepsis is deadly and needs to be addressed. Knowing the signs and symptoms will help, but timely treatment is crucial. Sagitta can help your organization detect and treat sepsis faster. It also integrates with existing clinical workflows and EMR systems.
Want to find out if Sagitta is right for your hospital? Take this 2-minute quiz: https://www.luminaremed.com/sagitta-quiz.